Saturday, April 26, 2014

fOrmuLa fOr haPPineSs!!

Alright.. Now that have my examinations got over.. Spending my leisure time in something awful been challenged by my inner peace. Henceforth, I chose the role of a self-proclaimed strategical analyst. 

Why? 

As because, joblessness revolt my self-esteem 360 degree baffled free. LOL! 
Nope.. That's not the reason.. Now I gotta time to be more thoughtful! At least for a month.. May be..!! Though the chances are always random and NOT 'non-random'!

Have you ever thought of where lies your pursuit of happiness?? 
Is that always the monetary benefits? Okay.. In that case, would it be for short-term or long-term? Where does your real break through lies?

What do you desire to become..?? 
To be Rich?? Or, happy??
To be the Wolf?? Or, an overpaid hick??
Well.. It's actually what you aspire to be!!

And.. This also reminds me of our (IBAians) first assignment of MS-I. The first assignment we had been encountered by was ~ "My definition of Happiness!"

Again, this was meant to cross-check our emotional stability & business acumen. And after collectively cribbing a lot to make that golden formula for happiness.. On one fine day, we, the 'know-alls', were literally dazzled by the finest statement made by our Professor. He stated ~ "Folks.. Happiness is positive cash flow statements!! " 

Nonetheless, random thoughts are intriguing my mind & soul these days very often.. Of course, with lots of anxiety attack! Suggested by a good friend, I started reading a book named, "Fooled By Randomness".. Yes! My vocabulary now has a new word called 'Randomness'. People, who knows my Quants Grade, please don't get faint! LOL

So.. As I started reading Part-I, I found it a bit tough to understand & realize the platitude of 'Randomness' in our daily life. Yes! I call it a platitude because most of us believe that there are formulas for every single thing we do.. Formulas for success, maximizing wealth, earning happiness, status, blah, blah & blah! Our mind doesn't bear the gap of uncertainty. Hence, it tends to find out patterns everywhere, with everyone and in every single thing!     

Am I confusing you? Don't be..
Think about your 'significant other' in that case. Or, studying any particular subject that has been a pain for long years! 
Some of us say, "I can't handle relationships!" Or, "It is not just my cup of tea.."
Why is that?? As because, we always tend to find & form patterns everywhere irrespective of the type, size & strength of variables. And what are these variables exactly??

For the 1st Case, these variables could be age, gender, region, language, culture, ethnicity, education, religious beliefs, blah, blah & blah! 

For the 2nd Case, these variables could be family background, education, environment, socio-economic background, political influence, religious views, blah, blah & blah! 

These variables set the moods & create/ hijack the emotions. Both positive & negative. 

So.. When we don't find a pattern with something, we curse god, ourselves & every possible variable that directly and/or indirectly is associated with the problem. We are so reluctant to adapt change. To accept change. To move on..

In this context, let me reflect upon the golden statement made by Solon (a Greek Legislator known for his dignity, reserve, upright morals, humility, frugality, wisdom, intelligence, and courage),

 "The observation of the numerous misfortunes that attend all conditions forbids us to grow insolent upon our present enjoyments or to admire a man's happiness that may yet, in course of time, suffer change. For the uncertain future has yet to come, with all variety of future; and him only to whom the divinity has (guaranteed) continued happiness until the end we may call happy."
 Yet to discover more.........

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment